Speaking of jumpstarts… this recipe is sure to do it for you if you need one! And might I add, it's SUPER YUMMY and SUPER HEALTHY, which makes it all the better :)
I have been making these almost daily for either a lunch or a snack and Amelie is a huge fan as well. She'll drink just as much as me and it's a great way to get some extra nutrition in her.
Without further adieu… here's the recipe for my "Monster Smoothie" (adapted from some others out there)!
What you will need:
• handful of berries - strawberries, blueberries, rasberries or blackberries (or all of the above)
• 2 or 3 heaping spoonfuls of Fat Free French Vanilla Stoneyfield farms organic yogurt (or you can use greek or any other organic yogurt of choice)
• 1/2 banana
• 1/2 cup Skim organic milk (add or take away depending on what consistency you like)
• large handful of fresh baby spinach, raw (this is what puts the "monster" in "monster smoothie")
• 1/2 scoop flavored protein powder (my fave is chocolate or chocolate pb)
• handful of pineapple
• 1/2 avocado… mmm!
• ice… if you like it extra cold like me (if i'm using frozen berries, i don't add ice)
• 1/2 - 1 cup of cold coffee (if you need that extra boost)
Put all your ingredients in a blender or magic bullet and blend away. Pour into your favorite sipping apparatus and sip away! This is such a great thing to have after a workout or as a meal replacement. It's so filling and so healthy!
And if you're a little scared of the spinach, don't knock it til you try it. You can't even taste it! Believe me, if you could, my toddler probably wouldn't be ravenous over them. Enjoy :)