Just the name makes me drool! I made these a while back, but they were too good not to share.
What you will need:
• 1½ cups flour
• ½ cup cocoa powder
• 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 2¼ cups lowfat milk (room temp)
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 2 large eggs
• ½ teaspoon pure vanilla/almond extract
• Vegetable oil as needed
Options for fillings:
• Nutella (store brand, if you're frugal like me… this is a staple for my crepes)
• Peanut Butter
• Fresh berries/fruit of choice
• Whipped Cream (or foo-foo, as my mom would say)
• Powdered sugar
• Ice cream
I could go on and on with different options… just get creative! A lot of people fill their crepes with a ricotta/cream cheese mixture, but I'm not a huge fan of rictotta (don't tell my Italian husband!)
What to do:
1. Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
2. In another bowl, 2 cups of milk, butter, eggs and vanilla until blended.
3. Combine butter and flour mixtures, whisking until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
(Make sure your milk isn't TOO cold, because when I mixed my butter in, the milk cooled it and it got chunky… not cute!)
4. Cook crepes [option a]: Before cooking, whisk remaining ¼ cup of milk into crepe batter. Lightly brush skillet with oil and heat over medium high heat. Once pan is hot, remove from heat, pour in ¼ cup of batter and swirl pan around allowing batter to evenly coat bottom. Return pan to heat and cook for 40 seconds. Flip crepe over and continue to cook an additional 20 seconds. Repeat process with remaining batter, stacking crepes. Set aside.
Cook crepes [option b]: Get a handy dandy crepe maker… it makes it much easier (and makes you look really crepe-savy!)
ENJOY!!! Mmmm… these are SO yummy!